Custom made AV Cabinets
Create a space you'll love with made-to-measure AV cabinets
Fine Wood Designs has an excellent reputation for creating bespoke wooden furniture. Our made-to-measure AV cabinets, custom built media units and TV Stands are no exception.
Opting for bespoke, handmade AV furniture opens up a world of possibilities for your audio and visual requirements. First and foremost, each piece of furniture is built with your system in mind and to suit your tastes precisely.
One Craftsman throughout
Taking you all the way through the design, build, finish & fitting of your project
Over 25 years experience
Helping you achieve a home that inspires
Your project brought to life using skill, design expertise & knowledge obtained over many years
custom built AV furniture
One sizes really does not fit all, especially when housing audio and visual equipment. Each person is unique and therefore each system is unique. We work with you to asses your system needs and build a custom made AV unit that fits your tastes, display and storage needs precisely.
Sturdy and practical in construction, all our made-to-measure media cabinets are hand-built to our exacting standards and will give years of service. Your custom made AV Cabinet will not only be functional but will be reassuringly pleasurable to use over many years to come.
Our previous media cabinet projects are diverse, spanning both traditional and modern AV cabinets. They range from simple TV stands & Hifi cabinets to full custom built media units. Do browse the gallery below to help inspire your project. And when you’re ready to create your perfect, custom made media cabinet do get in touch.
create your perfect, made to measure media cabinet
There are a number of considerations when planning a custom built media unit:
- Firstly, what are we building the media unit for? Is it a simple wooden TV unit with additional storage, a bespoke HiFi cabinet or a whole entertainment centre to house your whole media system? A media wall or home cinema? Get the basics down on paper, including any particular design features you might like to incorporate.
- Consider whether to display or enclose. Think about which items you might want to keep on display versus those you prefer to keep enclosed and out of sight.
- What space do you have and which room are we building the media cabinet for? Considerations here might be, whether you would like the unit to be modern or traditional in design. Is it to be built to match or contrast with the existing furniture in the room.
- We need measurements! Can you provide the height, width & length you would like the media unit to be?
- Consider what additional elements of your system you would like the media unit display and store? Think about amps, cables and air movement.
- What type of wood do you like? Would you like a solid wood media unit, or can the unit be a mixture of veneered and solid wood.
- In terms of future proofing the cabinet, what additional storage would you like for now and in the future? For example, do you have an expanding collection of vinyl or Blu rays you might need to store. Also, think about storage for your accessories such as remotes, headphones, 3d glasses and so on.